We hosted a design contest this summer and asked designers to focus on a new look for the concept, DIRT TO SHIRT. We wanted to present a fun-to-wear design on the most sustainable cotton t-shirt brand: Cotton of the Carolinas.
So many individuals reach out to us and ask what’s the best way to buy one or two of our shirts. We have a small retail shop online – and we’re hoping to expand on it within the next year (*cheers*), but we decided that hosting Limited Edition Designs periodically throughout the year was one of the best ways to get the whole community involved in learning about our flagship product and how we connect the consumer to the farmer in a 100% transparent supply chain.
How many other t-shirts do you own where you can claim to know the farmer’s name – and even visit his farm?
Side Note – Did we mention that the 2013 Harvest Tour is coming up? Mark your calendars for November 9th and plan to spend the day with us learning even more about Cotton of the Carolinas and where the journey begins! If you have questions that just can’t wait, email Jen Busfield and she’ll get you more information.
The entire TS Designs Team would like to extend our sincerest appreciation to each person who submitted a design during our contest. We are delighted with the amount of submissions we received and appreciate everyone’s effort, creativity and support! We really enjoyed deliberating over the design options and look forward to continuing to engage with such an enthusiastic graphic design community as we move forward with other contests in 2014.
All of that being said, we are happy to announce that Adam Hunt is the winner of our Summer Design Contest.
Adam R. Hunt is a graphic designer and musician with over ten years of experience. He’s originally from Los Angeles and is currently residing in Atlanta. Learn more about his projects: www.adamrhunt.net and www.emptydesign.net.
Through the month of October, you can pre-order Adam’s DIRT TO SHIRT design.
Here’s what you need to know:
- These shirts are from our Cotton of the Carolinas line – made entirely, dirt-to-shirt, in the Carolinas and impacting 500 jobs along the way.
- The fabric is ringspun and printed with REHANCE – it’s soft, durable and has a no-feel print.
- We’re taking orders until the end of October and then will produce the shirts to order. You’ll receive yours by the middle to end of November.
- Sizes available are Adult S – 3XL.
- Styles available: Unisex (regular or standard fit) and Ladies (more fitted or slim fit).
- You can choose between short or long sleeves (or by all means, get one of each).
- This t-shirt will be dyed using one of our newest colors: Grasshopper.