About TS Designs
TS Designs is a wholesale custom t-shirt screenprinting and apparel brand company that operates on a sustainable triple bottom line. We pride ourselves in offering a variety of environmentally friendly, socially responsible apparel options, including our flagship line Cotton of the Carolinas – a product made entirely, dirt-to-shirt, in North Carolina.
Who We’re Looking For
We’re looking for a detail-oriented, analytically-minded individual to handle bookkeeping and finances, basic supply purchasing, and human resources responsibilities for TS Designs. A qualified candidate should have:
- experience using Quickbooks
- experience maintaining pristine books and performing financial analysis and product costing
- the ability to juggle a wide variety of critical responsibilities
- initiative to improve processes and procedures throughout the company when waste is observed
- exceptional communication skills
- experience maintaining, updating, and interpreting historical and ongoing data about operations and costs
The job activities will include:
- everyday bookkeeping tasks: receivables and payables, payroll, etc
- common HR-related duties: processing new hire paperwork, helping employees sign up for benefits, maintaining employee records, etc
- analyzing monthly financials and cash flow to provide accurate assessments of the financial state of the business
- fiduciary responsibilities – you will be a signatory on the company checking account and will be involved in many financial decisions
- basic purchasing of off-the-shelf supplies needed for ongoing operations
- maintaining real-time audits of purchases to verify vendor compliance and in-house cost estimates
- reviewing, managing, and selecting support services such as insurance, employee benefits, equipment purchases / leases, credit cards and cell phone services
How the Position Will Evolve
Our intention with this position is to start with the basics and evolve to higher level work. Initially, the job will include basic bookkeeping tasks like entering vendor bills, invoicing customers, and entering payroll. However, as the business grows, a part-time bookkeeper will likely be hired so that the person in this position can focus on tasks like financial analysis, vendor assessment, product costing, etc.
More About Hours and Compensation
This is a full time salaried position. You should expect to work 40-45 hours a week. There is flexibility for occasional remote work.
Why You Should Work Here
So why should you want to work for TS Designs? We offer a variety of benefits, including:
- 401k retirement account with partial match
- paid time off
- life, disability, dental, and vision insurance (with partial employer contribution)
- a relaxed dress code and friendly atmosphere
- all the t-shirts you can wear!
If you feel you meet these qualifications, and the culture suits you, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please make sure to include the job title in your subject line.